This weekend I went to my first Comic Con. Being a) a total comic book n00b b) very very new to the staff of Arrow (which is the show I work on which is why I got to go to Comic Con for free which is pretty cool) and c) pretty averse to costumes as a matter of principle (why would you spend money on clothes that look ridiculous when you could spend money on REGULAR clothes that look cute?), I was entirely unprepared for the madness, the sensory overload, and the passion I encountered. Needless to say, I learned a lot.
Here are some of the things I learned.
1) Not everyone agrees with me about the costumes…
2) I am not the only one who still cares what happens to Sookie Stackhouse. Also, the second half of True Blood season 6 is going to be cray cray, per the trailer HBO released at the Con. Meaning you should all tune in, and keep reading Willie’s recaps. Here is his most recent, in case you missed it.
3) Kurt Sutter is feeling “bittersweet” about Sons of Anarchy Season 6, and probably also about life, considering what his face looks like and also all of those tattoos / the fact that he’s married to Katey Sagal. The folks of also released a cool new trailer. Watch it below, then binge-watch the show on Netflix before it airs in September.
4) Good will is everywhere! These stuntmen saved a suicidal woman from leaping off a 14th floor balcony on Thursday. She had been through a rough breakup recently, to which I have to say, Tuesday Is A New Day, lady. Tuesday is a new day.
5) No matter how much you may wish for it, they don’t really serve weed at Hollywood Parties. They do, however, grow it on the TV show Bates Motel, which I have never seen but now intend to watch, based solely on the party favor I received Saturday night.
6) Cobie Smulders is going to play Wonder Woman in the Lego Movie (cameo, but still) and I’m going to cry tears of happiness, but also tears of sadness because I wanted to write that movie.
7) Dan Harmon still hates himself and is still annoying and public about it, but he likes his show and wants it to be on the air for a long time. So do we! (But mostly just Abed.)
8) A thing I already knew but my knowledge was reinforced: I work on a cool show. The people are awesome and attractive. Season 2 is going to be awesome. Here’s a video in case you don’t believe me. Also, some cool people are joining our cast.
Since you didn’t get it enough with Devious Maids, I promise many more shameless plugs for Arrow on this blog in the near future. Happy almost Fall TV season, friends!